Talent Anarchy brings passion, insight and fun to any stage both together or individually. Whether from a conference stage or a corporate leadership retreat, they create a dynamic experience that sparks ideas and progress.
Talent Anarchy Joint Keynotes:
Watch Talent Anarchy in Action
Freak Flag: Unleashing the Power of Authenticity
Authenticity. Another righteous thing turned into a buzzword. The word gets tossed around the word as if it's an easy, common thing. It is not.
Being authentic means knowing who you are and living accordingly. It means recognizing and embracing that you are unique and actively sharing that gift with the world. It's about flying your Freak Flag. It means standing out, being a category of one. Authenticity is power.
It's also great for business. How we create value through work is changing rapidly and the price of conformity has never been higher. The very survival of our businesses and professions requires a continuous flow of new perspectives, ideas and approaches. Authenticity is the foundation needed to meet this challenge.
In this high energy, entertaining and actionable keynote, discover the what, why and how of true authenticity.
- Gain a broader understanding of authenticity and its significance to creating value at work.
- Understand the common organizational dynamics that squash authenticity and how to navigate, avoid, and eliminate those obstacles.
- Learn to use awareness, acceptance, integrity and daring to unleash authenticity and develop the powerful mindset of Flying your Freak Flag.
Keeping it Real: The What, Why and How of Authentic Leadership
In this hyper-connected, global, short attention span world we live in today, finding success in leading other people requires a different approach. Individualization is the dominant trend of the day. People want everything customized to their individual needs and preferences, including their leader.
Being a good leader is hard work. It is impossible to be all things to everyone, so what can you do? The answer begins with authenticity. The most successful leaders cultivate their own style that is rooted in who they are and what they believe. Authentic leaders are comfortable in their own skin so they can embrace others as they are and then inspire them to be exceptional in their own way.
- Gain a broader understanding of authenticity and its critical role in leading and engaging an increasingly diverse workforce.
- Discover the critical role authentic leadership plays in creating a culture that is inclusive, engaging and innovative.
- Develop a deep understanding of the four components of authenticity including specific guidance for developing these components in others.
Un-Management: Confronting the Inconvenient Truth about Innovation
Your organization is probably talking about innovation. You may even be investing in programs and initiatives with the aim to create more innovation. There is no doubt regarding its importance. Innovation is survival. But, is it actually happening?
In this provocative keynote, you will gain a deeper understanding of innovation and discover many common misconceptions about how it works. You will confront the inconvenient truth that much of modern management practice is anti-innovation and that innovation begins with culture. You will learn that leading successfully in an environment of constant change that demands innovation requires new thinking and a different approach.
Let your organization off the leash.
- Gain a more complete understanding of innovation, how it happens and what obstacles commonly prevent it.
- Discover why the true opportunity for unleashing innovation lies within your culture, not in more management process.
- Learn how to foster innovation as a leader by cultivating connection, inclusion and liberation within your organization.
HackLab: Pursuing Progress Through Deviation
Innovation isn’t about big changes. And it doesn’t even require a big budget, a big title, or any permission. The changes that matter don’t happen overnight, they are the result of a lot of small, meaningful changes over time. Computer programmers and hackers have used this approach for years and we’ve reaped the rewards.
Applying insights from the computer hacking culture, Talent Anarchy will help you start finding ways to innovate and make progress in your work, one small change at a time. Regardless of your title or experience, you can make big things happen through a series of smart, small changes (hacks). This highly interactive session is designed to provide attendees with actionable insights and tools for immediate application. HackLab can be presented as a keynote or in a more in-depth and hands-on workshop format.
- Participants will leave with an appreciation for some of the core tenets of hacking culture and how they can be applied to their work and their organization (specifically sharing, openness, decentralization, access to tools, world improvement).
- Participants will practice applying a hacking mindset to an actual aspect of their work (for example: team meetings, performance appraisals, preparing reports, etc.)
- Participants will come to understand change as a process rather than an event and see that large changes are the culmination of a series of meaningful small changes building upon one another.
Diversity + Inclusion = Innovation:
Putting Diversity of Thought to Work
“If everyone is thinking the same thing, someone isn’t thinking at all.”
–General George Patton
While it is often not included in conversations around diversity and inclusion, cognitive diversity is of increasing significance to our organizations due to the integral role that it plays in decision making, problem solving and innovation. As innovation becomes increasingly critical for the success of our organizations, we cannot afford to leave cognitive diversity out of conversation. This information rich message will unpack the what, why and how of putting cognitive diversity to work for you:
- Participants will have a clear and actionable definition and framework for understanding cognitive diversity.
- Participants will understand the role of cognitive diversity in driving a groups or organizations ability to; share information, make meaning from information, make quality decisions, solve problems, innovate and utilize the talent that is available to them.
- Participants will understand how human nature and social dynamics can get in the way of capitalizing on cognitive diversity and what kind of action is required to offset these barriers.
RESET! The New What, Why and How of Diversity and Inclusion
While nearly everything about business and how business is done has changed in the past couple of decades, little has changed about our approach to and our understanding of diversity and inclusion. We can ill afford to continue taking a 20th century approach to this set of issues which are increasingly critical to 21st century business.
There are certainly a lot more folks saying the right things about diversity and inclusion today, but why is there so little real action? While we sometimes assume that this is because of resistance, a great deal of it actually stems from confusion around what diversity and inclusion really mean in business context of today and why they matter.
In Switch, Dan and Chip Heath say “what looks like resistance is often a lack of clarity,” and that may be more true and relevant for diversity and inclusion work than anywhere else.
This powerful and revolutionary message has been delivered to diversity practitioners, HR leaders and business executives across the country and it will help you reset the diversity and inclusion conversation in your organization and it will challenge you to recommit to this body of work at this very critical time.
- Participants will be equipped with a new framework for understanding and approaching diversity and inclusion in their organization.
- Participants will have new information and research to apply to their organizations diversity and inclusion strategy and tactics.
- Participants will be prepared to lead their organization in integrating diversity and inclusion into their strategic plan and organizational culture.
The Future of Talent Management
How do we ensure we have the talent we need to win? This question tops many CEO’s priority lists. And yet, HR continues to struggle to meet this challenge because we are trapped in antiquated talent definitions and management processes from the past. The future demands a radically different approach to talent. To chart a new path requires a new mindset. We must begin by understanding where we are today and how we got here.
- Explore the very definition of talent to uncover where the linkage between talent management and business results is lacking.
- Understand the history and evolution of current talent management practices as a foundation for understanding where innovation is critical.
- Discover three approaches for HR leaders to use as they create the future of talent management including talent cultivation, studying humans instead of best practices, and giving power to the people.
Power and Politics in the Organization: Understanding the Game
It is easy for an HR professional to overlook or dismiss the role that politics plays in making things happen inside of an organization. Politics is a part of life in every organization, good and bad. This session will explore the role that power and politics play in organizational decision making and show savvy human resources leaders how harnessing these forces can mean the difference between effectiveness and irrelevance.
We will explore these questions:
- Where does power come from?
- Why should I want more power and how do I get it?
- How does politics affect the role of HR?
Attendees will gain practical skills and approaches for how to grow their influence with the organization to become more effective leaders and agents of change.